Smiles by Mia is a family and cosmetic dental office in Burke, VA. We are dedicated to providing patients with high-quality dental solutions. Our team offers routine dental care, smile makeovers, and full restorative treatment for patients of all ages. We can address missing, injured, and discolored teeth using proven dental solutions. Laser dentistry and advanced technology are key components of our dentistry.
Dental Services at Smiles By Mia
We provide comprehensive dental treatments for patients with a variety of concerns. Our office welcomes you to explore each treatment that we offer.
Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on improving the look of your teeth, mouth, and smile. We can correct a variety of dental issues such as stained teeth, chipped or cracked teeth, and misaligned bites. Dr. Mia uses a range of cosmetic dental treatments to help improve the look and function of our patients’ smiles. Renew the appearance of your teeth with the following:
- Invisalign: Clear Invisalign aligners are a great alternative to metal braces. Invisalign gradually straightens teeth using custom aligners. Each aligner is different and shifts teeth into a straighter position.
- Porcelain Veneers: Dental veneers cover tooth gaps, discoloration, and dental injuries. Veneers are thin, porcelain ceramic shells we bond to each tooth. We also offer Lumineers, a type of veneer that is thinner and more translucent.
- Dental Bonding: Tooth bonding uses biocompatible resin to cover chips, cracks, fractures, discoloration, and misalignment. Similar to veneers, bonding treatment improves the color and shape of teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: KoR teeth whitening system is a very effective treatment that uses take-home and/or in-office whitening sessions to brighten and transform the smile.
We help prevent future oral health problems for patients with general dental care and preventative dentistry. We offer preventative services for children including fluoride treatments and sealants. Other services include:
- Custom Mouthguard: Wearing a custom sports mouthguard can prevent damage to natural teeth and oral appliances.
- Family Dentistry: Our family dental office can help children and adults get care for their stage in life.
- Laser Dentistry: Dental lasers can address gum disease, aid root canal treatment, and reduce sleep apnea symptoms. Our dental office uses the WaterLase iPlus and LightWalker lasers.
- Sedation Dentistry: General Anesthesia can be used for patients who are very fearful of getting the care they need. We also use Opera Vr, a virtual reality technology to put patients at ease by transporting them to calming sceneries without medications.
- Sleep Apnea & Snoring: Patients with sleep apnea and snoring do not get a restful night’s sleep due to their constricted throat and airway, which prevent them from breathing properly. Sleep Apnea is a serious condition that is related to many health issues, including high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, daytime sleepiness, memory loss, and depression. We can use dental lasers to treat sleep apnea and snoring. The LightWalker laser uses laser energy to generate new collagen and tighten the tissue in the back of the mouth to open the airway.
- Tooth Extraction: Dental extractions remove problem teeth, including wisdom teeth, infected teeth, and overcrowded teeth. Removing these teeth can prevent further dental complications. We also ensure that patients feel comfortable throughout the extraction process.
Our restorative dental treatments help improve the full function and health of your smile. We provide the following restorative dentistry procedures to our patients.
- Dental Bridge: This restoration “bridges the gap” left by one or more consecutive missing teeth. We recommend implant-secured dental bridges so patients can receive a long-lasting restoration.
- Dental Crown: Dental crowns are caps that fully cover teeth. Porcelain ceramic tooth crowns blend in with the smile’s look and protect broken or worn teeth. Crowns can also cover dental implants.
- Dental Implants: An implant is a titanium post that a surgeon places to secure a crown, bridge, or denture. Dental implants fuse to the jaw bone tissue to create a stable foundation for dental restorations. Implant-secured restorations last much longer than removable restorations.
- Dentures & Partials: We offer partial and full dentures for rows or arches of lost teeth. Our implant-secured dentures help patients speak and eat naturally. We also offer Snap-on Smile as a more esthetic solution to a partial denture.
- Periodontal Disease Treatment: Our dental office provides deep cleaning treatments, antibacterial rinses, and laser therapy to treat gum disease symptoms.
- Night Guards: Grinding and clenching your teeth can cause severe wear and damage to your mouth. Night guards can effectively reduce these effects and protect your teeth.
Laser Facial Esthetics
Dr. Mia is a local leading dentist for laser facial esthetics and laser therapies. Lasers can provide minimally invasive treatment solutions for a range of cosmetic concerns.
Smoothlase: An Antiaging Facial Rejuvenation procedure that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles without toxin injections and fillers.
Liplase: A fast and patient-friendly lip plumping procedure that gives volume to your lips without fillers.
Request an Appointment Today
Do you need dental care in Fairfax, Burke, or Springfield, VA? Call Smiles by Mia at (571) 789-1265 or schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Mia on our website. If you ever have any questions for us, do not hesitate to ask.